Saturday, June 29, 2013

Party Planning at the Farmer's Market

The weather in San Diego has been AMAZING!! It makes me want to spend time on my patio hanging out with friends, munching on yummy food, sipping a little wine, relaxing ;-) I love entertaining (duh), I like cooking and trying new recipes, but sometimes I just want to throw together a little impromptu get-together, not spend a bunch of time in the kitchen. 

My favorite place to jumpstart a party is my local Farmer’s Market.  A quick trip to the Market and you have everything you need to entertain like a pro.

Today I felt like something sort of Mediterranean.  The sunny days and warm evenings remind me of  Italy. 
When you think of the Farmer’s Market what do you think of first? Fresh produce? Oh yes. Look at those beautiful artichokes.  Super simple to steam, chill, and serve with melted butter. Quick and impressive appetizer!

 While you are exploring the produce pick up some greens, tomatoes, veggies…
to make up a nice green salad.


Take a look at these amazing flavored olive oil and vinegar  From Bistro Blend!! You can sample all of them until you find just the perfect combination to dress your salad! I chose Heirloom Balsamic Vinegar and Olive Oil Meyer Lemon. Or maybe pick a few and serve with bread for a little tasting? Or marinate some chicken for the grill? Or cook up a pasta primavera and drizzle with a flavored oil? You won’t find these at your supermarket.











Make a stop at Conchetta's for fresh pizza dough, tomato sauce, and cheese. Did you know you can bake your pizza on your grill?
Now you do! Yummy...









For dessert I couldn’t resist fresh strawberries…they shout Summer on the patio to me.

Now to pick out some fresh flowers to make the table pretty…


Time to head home and open that bottle of wine! Who's going to join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment